Friday, June 7, 2013

We All Have To Start Somewhere...

Well, I guess we all have to start somewhere and this is going to be my start in blogging. Today I'll just talk about my little family, who, at the end of the day, are my life. My next love though is Quilting!

My husband and I own a home business where he is an Occupational Health and Safety Trainer and Consultant. Over the last eight years of running that business, he has averaged five months a year up at the Oilsands in Fort McMurray, five months here in Edmonton and two months a year just about anywhere else. His company motto is "Have kit, will travel." When he is in Fort Mac, I am, what many people here call, an "Oilsands Widow" or "Fort Mac Widow". He is also a Sergeant in the Artillery Reserve here in Canada and gone on three tours overseas on a volunteer basis.

I am a Stay at Home Mom to an eight year old boy and a five year old girl. My boy is a few weeks away from the end of grade three. My girl is a few weeks away from the end of her kindergarten year. They are both in Tae Kwon Do, love to swim and downhill ski. With the weather we get here, you just have to figure out how to manage and you get on with it.

As for me? Well, I am... well, me! I have a degree in Communications but now I stay at home with the kids. With how much my husband travels, we like to think that I provide stability and constancy. I try to do as much cooking as I can and avoid convienience food but life happens too. With that in mind, I also work at homemade convenience food. It doesn't take much longer to triple a recipe and freeze it than it does to make a single batch and then that homemade convenience gives me what I love best after my family... 

Time to Quilt!


1 comment:

  1. Hi. I came over here from Amandajean's blog. I would love to see and hear about your not your grandmothers flower garden quilt. Congratulations on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete